Photo courtesy of Austin McInerny
Three Working Committees - Conservation Delivery (subcommittee:
Regional Creeks), Goverment Affairs and Public Outreach: - assist the Management Board in implementing
the Joint Venture's goals, report to the Management Board, and make recommendations for the Management Board's review
events/meetings listings for upcoming SFBJV committee meetings.
- Provide input to the Executive Committee with regard to Management
Board meeting agendas and draft annual work plan.
- Report to the Management Board and make recommendations for the
Management Board's review and approval.
- Meet every other month, alternating their meetings with the Management
Board meeting schedule.
Conservation Delivery Committee
Chair: Marc Holmes, Bay Institute
Implementation Strategy by:
- Developing a list of potential acquisition, restoration and enhancement
opportunities and specific projects that will further the goals of the Joint
Venture, based on technical review and evaluation
- Developing prioritization criteria, and recommend projects to the Management
Board, integrating marshland and creek issues.
- Providing technical information and assistance to the Management Board
- Recommending monitoring mechanisms and protocols to measure progress
accomplishments of Joint Venture projects and execution of
Marshlands subcommittee and Creeks subcommittee, for information
exchange, project identification, partnership development,
trouble-shooting and coordination
Implementation Strategy to guide acquisition and restoration
to the Management Board the creation of new Working Committees
as need arises
technical information to the Management Board to set and
achieve habitat objectives
work assignments as directed by the Management Board
Joint Venture Implementation Strategy with Regional Wetlands
Ecosystem Goals Project
2013 Meeting Schedule
April 25, 2013
- Thurs February 21, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Thurs April 25 , 10:30 – 1:30 ish (exact times TBD)
- Thurs June 20, 10:30 – 1:30 ish (exact times TBD)
- Thurs Aug 15, 10:30 – 1:30 ish (exact times TBD)
- Thurs Oct 17, 10:30 – 1:30 ish (exact times TBD)
- Thurs Dec 19, 10:30 – 1:30 ish (exact times TBD)
Photo courtesy of Beth Huning
Regional Creeks Committee
Tom Gardali of PRBO Conservation Science
The Regional Creeks Committee is a subcommittee of the Conservation DeliveryCommittee.
The SFBJV Creeks website is available at: http://bayareawatersheds.org/hosted-groups/sfbjv/creeks/events/.
It has meeting agendas, minutes and other materials that you may find valuable.
Photos courtesy of Sandra Scoggin
Goverment Affairs Committee
Chair: Arthur Feinstein
- Develops and implements a Goverment strategy to secure funding and otherwise support projects promoted by the Joint Venture
- Tracks current and developing Government issues
- Advises Management Board on appropriate action
Click here for meeting notes from the most recent committee meeting: November 30, 2006
Public Outreach Committee
Chair: Melissa Pitkin, PRBO Conservation Science
- Develops and implements a public outreach strategy for external communications at the national, state and local levels
- Designs Joint Venture brochures, web site and other publications as directed by the Management Board
- Helps facilitate public involvement and in promoting the goals of Restoring the Estuary
- Hosts tours and events for legislators and key decision makers
- Serves as a liaison between partners and other wetlands protection efforts
- Develops and implements strategies and tools for informing the community about the mission of the joint venture
Click for meeting notes: May 8, 2008 [88 KB PDF]